At least 500 shops out of more than 1,000 shops and godowns housing laptops, mobiles phones, accessories worth millions of rupees were gutted in a huge fire erupted at Hafeez Centre, a commercial hub located in the center of the City.
Emergency teams rescued at least 25 persons in their operation. No loss of life was reported. The fire erupted early in the morning at some unknown time. Firefighting started at 6:15am and continued for over 14 hours till the filing of this report at 8pm.
— _مس.اوفیشل_💥 (@Im_Mughal_) October 18, 2020
It is being said that the cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit. Politicians and people from the administration are present at the location and are monitoring the rescue operation.
— Azhar Mashwani (@MashwaniAzhar) October 18, 2020
People were shocked and saddened by the disastrous fire incident at Hafeez Center
— Kashif Zaheer Kamboh 💧 (@KKamboh) October 18, 2020
— PhupoO kA betA (@PhupoO_kA_betA) October 18, 2020
— Kamran Akmal (@KamiAkmal23) October 18, 2020
— Tehniyat Shabbar (@TehniyatShabbar) October 18, 2020
Our thoughts and prayers for all those affected by the fire.